Thursday, April 16, 2009

I've Voted in UNISON's NEC Elections - Now it's your turn

After nervously checking the post all week I got my hands on my Ballot Papers this evening when I got home after a 15 hour day on the ward.

We all know how important elections are, they are an opportunity to choose our representatives and have our voice heard.

But UNISON's NEC elections are crucial as they decides who spends our money that we give the union every month (we know that money is becoming more and more difficult for many of our members as our families are hit by the recession). And it decides who speaks for you and builds your union, and whether that's about what's in the interests of us as members or in the interests of small political cliches and their revolutionary ambitions.

I've used my vote for candidates who will look after our subs, speak for us all and build a union with members at its heart.

If you're interested (because this is an instance where copying is encouraged) here's how I've voted

West Midlands
Annette Mansell-Green (Female Seat)
Eleanor Smith (Female Seat)
James Anthony (Male Seat) - yes that's me
Mary Locke (Low Paid Seat)

Health Seat
Clare Williams (General Seat)
Ann Moses (Female Seat)
Chris Sullivan (Female Seat)
Eric Roberts (Male Seat)

Black Members
June Nelson (Female Seat)
Mark Clifford (Male Seat)

Young Members (the best one!)
Lisa Waldock

Make sure you use your vote!

If you haven't yet received your ballot paper it might still be in the post - but if you haven't received it by the 21st April you should contact UNISONDirect on 0845 355 0845.

1 comment:

Jean said...

http://grayee.blogspot.com/2009/04/outrageous-sexism-by-united-left-choice.html