Wednesday, July 8, 2009

NEC's first day - New Presidential Team elected

I'm sure it will reassure members that we once again have a Presidential Team holding the rudder at the centre of the union.

Gerry Gallagher who represents Police and Justice staff on the NEC and has been Vice President for two years has been elected President.

Angela Lynes who represents members in Scotland was re-elected as Vice President and now becomes the senior Vice President.

Eleanor Smith who represent the West Midlands along with myself was elected as Vice President and becomes the first black Vice President of UNISON. I'm very proud of Eleanor as one of our own from the West Midlands and a health member who's Branch Secretary of Birmingham Women's Hospital which is across the road from my hospital.

I'm glad that I will continue on the Policy Development and Campaigns Committee which I have really enjoyed over the last two years.

The meeting continues tomorrow and then the TUC delegation meeting

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.